Welcome to the wiki!
There’s a few things you can look through here in preparation for the game. First up is Character Creation, which includes all the rules of how to make a character. Character sheets can be downloaded from here , and I have a stack of them you can borrow and fill out on the day of the game. If you’re thinking of making a character, sign up and send me a message.
Already played in a game? Then you’ve probably picked up some Experience.
The beasts of the night have had ten years to make Chicago their playground, with the hunters that remained acting alone and ignorant that anyone else was out there holding the vigil. The Union has gathered information about the situation in Chicago as best they can: look at the City Map page for details.
The reclamation effort is based in an unassuming establishment in Far Southwest Side, Keegan’s Bar and Grill. Phil and Marcie Dixon are old veterans of the Union’s struggle, and have made a perfect enclave from which to base the assault.
Compacts and Conspiracies
Some Hunters are lone wolves, night stalkers who rely on no-one except their closest friends. Other hunters form greater bonds, finding a place in a national community of like-minded individuals who can provide support and backup. The smallest section belong to globe-spanning conspiracies that ask the hunter to perform dark deeds in their service but offer in return endowments that may give them the crucial edge. Every Compact and Conspiracy requires at least one dot in Status devoted to them to join, and give the hunter specific benefits at higher status. These are the compacts and conspiracies taking part in the liberation of Chicago:
- The Union: Blue-collar hunters fighting to protect their community.
- Ashwood Abbey: Bacchanalian hedonists who hunt for the thrill of the chase.
- The Long Night: Christian evangelicals who believe these are the end times, and they are God’s army.
- Loyalists of Thule: Secretive occultists with a dark history and hidden depths of knowledge.
- Network Zero: Documenters of the supernatural who hope to expose them to humanity.
- Null Mysteriis: Sceptics who try to find objective evidence and concrete explanations for the supernatural.
- The Cheiron Group: A group of pharmacological corporations that send agents out to harvest monsters so that their flesh may be used for the next big breakthrough.
- Task Force VALKYRIE: A secretive paramilitary organization that uses advanced technology to hunt the supernatural and keep the public in the dark.
- Malleus Maleficarum: A zealous conspiracy reaching to the Vatican that use their faith to smite evil with miraculous power.
- Vanguard Serial Crimes Unit (VASCU): An organization within the FBI specializing in hunting supernatural serial killers through an uncanny ability to get into their target’s mind.
- The Lucifuge: The children of dark spirits, who use the power in their blood to fight evil.
- Aegis Kai Doru: A mystery cult of ancient origin that fights to regain humanity’s magic.
Every Conspiracy has access to unnatural powers, ways of evening the odds outside the access of normal hunters. They may demand great cost, but in a pinch they can make all the difference.
- The Cheiron Group boosts the agents of its Field Project Division with Thaumatechnology harvested from captured monsters.
- Task Force VALKYRIE gives its hunters access to its cutting-edge Advanced Armoury.
- The witch-hunters of the MAlleus Maleficarum are trained in the ancient rites of Benedictions, claiming to draw down the blessings of the saints.
- VASCU unlocks the latent psychic potential of its agents, giving them access to Teleinformatics.
- The Lucifuge claims to be descended from demons, and certainly there’s a dark power in their blood that grants them the powers of Castigations.
- Aegis Kai Doru are archaologists and relic hunters without peer, and over the centuries they have secured all manner of strange objects in their labyrinths. If they show merit, members of the Guardians can borrow Relics to help them in their hunt.